Toxin Free Living- Where to start with a family
There’s so much information out there about the toxins that are in our everyday products.
- The products we use to clean our house,
- our personal products,
- our beauty products.
But like everything, it’s hard to know what information to listen to and where to start if you want to make some changes and live a toxin free (or less toxin) life.
On this episode of The Simple Home Podcast, I talk to an expert on the topic of creating a toxin free, healthier home for your family.
Megan Mikkelsen from Detox by Design teaches women how to make changes in their daily life that will lead them to a more sustainable and healthier lifestyle.
She breaks it down into super simple, digestible, chunks so making healthier choices for you and your family won’t feel overwhelming or stressful.
She provides insightful information about marketing of big companies and how to read labels and make the best choice.
I left this interview with so much applicable wisdom and the confidence to create a healthier home for my family.
Whether you want to make small changes, do a major overall, or just want more information on living toxin free, this episode is for you.
- What is Greenwashing and why is it bad?
- Where to start if you’re brand new to toxin free living and want to make one change.
- How living toxin free can minimize the amount of products you own and simplify your daily routines.
- Advice for moms feeling like this is just one more thing to worry about in an already busy life.
- The cleaning products and beauty products Megan uses and why.
Links from this episode
Simply Earth– Essential Oils and other helpful household products to help get you started with toxin free living.
Use your special coupon code: THESIMPLEHOMEFREE to get a free bonus box with your first months box and a $40 gift card to use on your next purchase!
- Megan’s Website: Detox by Design
- Detox by Design Facebook Group– A wealth of knowledge and supportive community lead by Megan.
- Free Webinar Training with Megan
- Free Resource- Free Guide to Toxin Free Living
- Megan’s Safe Swaps Guide
- Find out more about Crunchi and the products Megan uses
A note from our guest, Megan:
Healthy living has always been my passion, which led to graduating with my Master’s of Public Health degree in 2003 and a 10+ year career in the public health field.
Becoming a mother broadened my focus of healthy living to detoxing our home environment. I researched and read everything I could find and I cleaned out all the “traditional” cleaning products you find under most kitchen sinks.
Not everyone has the time (or desire) to do that! I love helping others find safe swaps and I’d love to help you remove the toxin filled products lurking in your home. I’ll make it easy for you to go toxin free and leave you with a kit prepared to handle your everyday cleaning needs.