This episode is the second in a series I’m doing called small steps to lasting change. Hopefully each of the topics we talk about will help you cement these small steps into your life so you feel the changes you’re making.
If you didn’t listen to the first episode, they don’t necessarily go in order so listen to this one first, but make sure to go back to episode 74 because we talk about mindset and shopping. With the holidays coming, this is an important one to think about!
Today we’re talking about simplify daily tasks which can have a huge impact on how you feel each day.
These are the things that have to be done continuously or you quickly feel like you’re drowning. Things like cleaning, cooking, laundry, paying bills, and getting yourself and your kids ready for the day. I know there’s more, but these are the ones I hear about most. The steps we talk about today can be applied to any other task you’re struggling with.
Sometimes I look around the house and just thinking about all the things I need to do just to keep my family alive and keep the house running, makes me feel tired and it’s not even 7am.
The only way I’ve found to minimize this overwhelming feeling is to set up systems and make daily tasks more automatic. Rather than being in reactive mode, running around at 5:30, trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. Or looking for your favorite pair of jeans only to realize they’re in the mound of laundry on the washer, I want you to live in proactive mode.
That’s exactly what we’re going to change today as we talk about small steps you can take to go from reactive to proactive.
- Step 1- write down the tasks that cause you stress and how much time they take.
- Step 2- write down how often you need to do them, daily, weekly, etc.
- Step 3- decide when you’ll do the task and be specific.
- Step 4- stay consistent until it becomes automatic.
There were several things I talked about in this episode that I could have kept talking about for hours.
If you’d like to hear more about my systems or more detail on how to set them up, I have several other episodes you may want to listen to.
- Make Your Life Easier, One Routine at a Time
- 10 Things You Can Do Every Night for Easier Mornings
- Create Daily habits that will Transform Your Day
- Morning Routines, Nightly Routines, and Daily Resets for Families
- Take the Stress Out of Getting Meals on the Table for Your Family
Links from this Episode
- Free Facebook Community
- #1000 Things Challenge
- Small Steps to Lasting Change- Mindset
- How to Keep Your House Clean Using Anchors and Routines
- How to Get More Time in Your Week
Now it’s time to go and do! Remember if you have questions or need support with anything we talk about on this show you can always DM me on IG, I’m @jennaarvidson or come join my FB group. It’s full of like minded people who are working hard to simplify their lives too! This work is easier done in community than by yourself so come over and join us!