I think we would all agree that the reason we want to simplify our lives is to enjoy more quality time with the people we love, doing the things we want to do. But we look at Pinterest and Facebook and see all the activities we’re supposed to be doing, that even family time feels overwhelming. It’s impossible to keep up and do it all.
With that said, you probably do want to enjoy a few crafts or other activities with your children from time to time.
- You just don’t know how to fit it in.
- You don’t know how to come up with a meaningful craft,
- get it all set up,
- collect the materials,
- and still enjoy the process with your child.
I get it. I’ve had that experience where I find the perfect craft online, I spend hours getting it all ready, I think I’m going to have a blast with my kids, but instead we’re all frustrated by the end and the whole experience is a mess.
This week on The Simple Home Podcast, my guest Theresa Haddow, the founder of The Create Kit, talks about her monthly subscription box that makes crafting with kids easy and fun. She had these same struggles, but knew she wanted to craft with her kids as they grew. She knows the value in arts and crafts from an early age and wanted to simplify the whole process for herself and other parents struggling with the same thing.
One of my favorite parts of her subscription is what an amazing non-toy gift this would make for any child or mother in your life.
I love finding gifts that are meaningful and that don’t add one more toy to our house, and this one is perfect. It comes in the mail, is incredibly reasonably priced, and there are many different packages available to suit your needs. If you also love to give (or get) non-toy gifts for your kids, you’ve got to check these out.
If you’ve ever wished you could include arts and crafts in your child’s life, more regularly, but can’t seem to find the time, this episode is a must.
- Theresa shares the developmental benefits of her craft boxes for your children
- She tells how you can easily use them to fill gaps of open time rather than spending hours getting things set up.
- She talks about why she started this business and how she was able to pursue this passion while raising a young child.
- She gives you all the details about what comes in each box and what you can expect.
- As a thank you, she gives a special bonus for those who sign up for a membership 🙂
- More information about The Create Kit
- Ready to get the create kit for someone you love? Click here!
- Other Gift Ideas I Love
- Educational Gifts Your Kids Will Love
- Clutter Free With Kids- Interview With Joshua Becker
- The Secret To Getting Your Time Back (As A Busy Mom)
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.