“Busy isn’t a lifestyle, it’s a choice.” The Minimalists
Do you ever find yourself repeating the same thing over and over when someone asks how you’re doing? “It’s been busy.” “We’ve just been busy.” “It’s been a busy few weeks.”
It’s become a badge of honor to be busy and still act like we’ve got it altogether. I want to give you permission to choose a different way. To trade busy for intentional. Take things off your plate and organize the things that remain.
This week on The Simple Home Podcast I talk to Laura from The Mama System to help us do just that. As a mother of 10, she’s had to systematize her daily routines and set her priorities. She teaches us how to create the right systems and routines that fit our lifestyles and our families right now.
You’re going to love her life hacks for moms that will get you on the road to feeling less busy!
Links from this episode
- Ticket System Course- Laura’s system to manage chores and other tasks around the house!
- The Bucket System– I use and love this says a way to keep my kids and myself responsible for what we need and want to get done each day. This system keeps me from reminding and nagging my kids all day long which helps build our relationship and fosters independence.
Other episodes you might enjoy
- Master Your Productivity Without the Overwhelm
- Time Management, Slow Living, and Motherhood with Nancy Ray
- Decluttering Your Motherhood
If you’d like to hang out more and stay motivated in between episodes, come join my free Facebook community. It’s full of like minded people who are working hard to simplify their lives too! This work is easier done in community than by yourself so come over and join us!
If this episode inspired you in some way, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on itunes. Use this link, click the 5 starts, and write a short review of the show!
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn or anywhere else you listen to podcasts! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.