Do you know how much money you make each month or how much you spend? If not, you’re not alone. Setting a budget and sticking to it might be one of the hardest tasks we have as adults, especially if we’re raising a family.
In this week’s episode of The Simple Home Podcast
we talk about how to set a budget and stick to it so you can be in charge of your money. Now if you’re running away screaming at the idea of budgeting, stick with me. If you’re serious about living a simpler life, being free of money stress is an integral part of the journey. It may seem painful at first, especially if you’ve been living beyond your means for a while now. But it gets easier. As soon as you know how much money you have coming in and your current spending habits, it’ll be easier to create a budget that works for you.
There are several different ways to set a budget, but I want you to keep things simple. That’s why, in this episode, I give you 4 easy steps to follow to get started with a budget so you see the success right away.
- We discuss how budgeting can help set you up for financial freedom.
- I give you 4 simple steps I follow each month to create and stick to a budget.
- We go through several mistakes most people make when it comes to budgeting so you can avoid them.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of my links, I may receive a small commission. I will never recommend a product or service I don’t use and love myself.
Links from the episode
- Manual Mode Made Simple– Free photo course
- Dave Ramsey– Financial Peace and Total Money Makeover are my favorite books
- David Bach– Smart Women Finish Rich and Latte Factor are excellent
- Spending Habits Workbook
- Republic Wireless– The Phone company that saves my family hundreds
- Episode 8: How To Change Your Mindset About Money And Your Spending Habits
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.