I used to organize and then reorganize and then organize some more. I can’t tell you how many countless hours of my life I’ve spent organizing stuff.
Even when I was little, I remember trying to organize my room. I used to collect everything. I was very attached to the things I had and never got rid of anything. I would get new tubs to put my things in and stack them up in a new way. I’d reorganize my bookshelf to include my new things. I’d fill every inch with stuff. I considered it organized if similar stuff was in the same bucket. It didn’t matter if the stuff was hard to get to or stacked on top of each other or even if I used it. I thought I was organized, but I couldn’t figure out how to get organized for good!
After years of doing this, I finally realized what was keeping me from actually staying organized.
In this episode of The Simple Home Podcast I tell you what I was missing in the process and why I kept failing even though I owned a million tubs.
We’ll discuss 3 steps you can take if you find yourself on the same organization roller coaster.
- The 3 steps that need to be followed in order to get and stay organized.
- Why clutter is keeping you from creating organization that lasts.
- The step most people forget to take after organizing that’s essential for lasting success.
Links from the episode
- The Simple Home Declutter Challenge
- Jumpstart Guide to Simple Living
- Manual Mode Made Simple- Free Course
- Episode 4- Getting Started with Decluttering
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.