Living with debt is stressful and exhausting. According to CNBC, the average American has $38,000 in personal debt. Not including a mortgage. Getting out of debt takes intention and hard work. No matter where you’re starting, living debt free is possible.
In this episode of The Simple Home podcast I’m going to tell you our debt free story.
I’ll start at the beginning, tell you how we had to change our mindset around spending and where we are now.
Here’s a peek at what we’ll talk about:
- How I used to think about money
- Our struggle with stuff
- What happened when we had kids
- How we started our journey to debt free living
- Why we sold our house
- The 3 small changes that made the biggest impact on our savings.
This episode is meant to inspire you to start your own debt free journey so you can live with less financial stress. You don’t need to follow our steps exactly to be successful. In fact, everyone’s story will look much different than ours. But if you make the commitment to start now you’ll be on your way to debt free living. Small changes will create a big impact and a year from now you’ll be so glad you started today.
This post contains affiliate links. if you purchase something through one of my links, I may receive a small commission.
Links From This Episode:
- How To Set A Budget, Stick To It, And Avoid Common Mistakes
- The Simple Home Decluttering Challenge
- Post: 44 Easy Ways To Save
- How To Get Started With Decluttering
- Easy Ways To Save Money Every Month
- How To Change Your Mindset About Money And Your Spending Habits
- Latte Factor By David Bach
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.