We often go about our day on autopilot.
We want to make changes, work towards goals, and become a better version of ourselves, but we do the same things everyday without giving much thought to how we’re spending our time.
Let’s talk about how you can create daily habits that will simplify your day and give you more time for the things that are important to you.
If you’ve ever wondered why you can’t get out the door on time in the morning, or why the bedtime routine takes forever, or why you can’t find 15 minutes to read your bible each day, it likely comes down to the habits you’ve created.
I’m a big believer in the power of routines for parents and kids.
Routines are made up of small habits you do regularly, in a specific order, that maintain a good flow. The beauty of habits is, once you have a habit developed, you no longer have to think through each step, allowing you more time to focus on other things.
This week on The Simple Home Podcast, we talk about the importance of habits and how to use them to transform your day.
- Why habits can be both beneficial and harmful.
- How habits can help you think less throughout the day, and get more done.
- What habit stacking is and how it can help you manage your daily routine.
- How to start building good habits.
- How to use this method to help your kids develop kids too.
Links from this episode
- Audible– Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial and get Atomic Habits or any other book of your choice for FREE.
- Benefits of Minimalism for Parents and Why It’s So Important
- Daily Routines to Simplify Motherhood
- Clutter Free With Kids- Why Family Minimalism Is So Important (Interview with Joshua Becker)
- Paper Clutter And Kids- What To Do With Schoolwork, Artwork, And Other Kid Papers
- How to Handle Active Spaces, Drop Zones, and Paper Clutter
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.