Chores for Kids
I knew I wanted my kids to help around the house from the time they were little, but wasn’t exactly sure what that was going to look like. And as I started implementing kids chores, I realized it was just faster and easier to do it myself. When I let my kids help with chores, I often had to do it again, so what was the point?
But as with much of parenting, I knew that if I was going to raise capable, independent children, I needed to push through the frustrations and allow time to guide and teach these skills.
Kids chores don’t have to be as complicated as we make it.
Kids don’t need a super long list of things to do. Instead, think of kids chores as a way to help teach kids routines and consistency, as well as self discipline and time management.
I like to include daily and weekly chores into our regular routines to build good habits in each of us. I’ll teach you how to do exactly that in this episode.
Key Takeaways from this episode of The Simple Home Podcast:
- I walk you through how chores look in our house.
- How it’s changed over the years.
- What we do about allowance.
- How to get started no matter what age your kids are.
- Ideas for how to keep them on track.
The topic of kids chores comes up often with moms that I work with. It can feel like one more thing to add to your already impossible to-do list, but adding chores into your daily rhythms and creating easy routines for your kids will make everything else easier. Plus the sooner you get started, the sooner you can delegate some of your tasks, making your to-do list lighter.
Images of checklist and wheel
Links from this episode
- Chore Chart and Age Appropriate Chores for Kids PDF
- The Simple Home Declutter Challenge
- How to Get Started with Decluttering Without the Overwhelm
- Clutter Free with Kids- Interview with Joshua Becker
- Daily Rhythms and Routines for Moms
Enter the Giveaway-
I’m Giving away one of my favorite things that has helped me tremendously in my simplifying journey andI’l send it to you through the mail! Who doesn’t love a little surprise in their mailbox? Enter by following the steps below!
- Subscribe to The Simple Home Podcast
- Leave a Rating and Review (just scroll down to “add a review” and click the stars for the rating)
- Take a screenshot listening to the podcast and tag @jennaarvidson on Instagram and write “I subscribed”. (This contest is in no way sponsored by Instagram.)
- I’ll choose a random winner on February 27, 2020. (If it’s past that date then this contest has ended.)
Find this episode of The Simple Home Podcast and others you’ll love on your favorite podcast player, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, and TuneIn! Remember to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode.